Over the past few years I’ve realised the importance of using the best quality protein for recovery and muscle repair. If you’re having to do workouts close together it’s not always possible to sit down and eat a chicken or a big steak. It’s also very important to get the protein to your muscles as quickly as possible following any hard efforts that cause micro-trauma in order to get the best adaptation to your training.
My Walnut Whey smoothie recipe combines a great source of protein, is packed full of vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. Despite it’s appearance it’s also super tasty.
- 1 organic apple (ideally Braeburn or Gala)
- 1/2 an avocado
- Large handful of spinach
- Small handfull of walnuts
- 1 large scoop of MyProtein Impact Whey Isolate (this is slightly higher in Protein than the standard MyProtein Whey product – there are also some great offers at the moment)
- Place everything in a blender
- Add water to your desired consistency